Help Create a Bully-Free Alberta
Call the Bullying Prevention Helpline. It’s available toll-free 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1‑888‑456‑2323. Help is provided in more than 170 languages.
Chat online with staff from noon to 8 p.m., daily.
National Bullying Awareness Week (November 16 – 22, 2014)
National Bullying Awareness Week (NBAW) is the third week of November.
Watch the archived Promoting Healthy Relationships Webcast at b-free.ca. Explore differences between bullying behaviour and respectful relationships, and get advice to help those affected by bullying.
Local NBAW Events
Communities across the province have planned events to recognize Family Violence Prevention Month and National Bullying Awareness Week. Events are added on an ongoing basis. To find out which region your community is in click here.
- Lighting the High Level Bridge pink on November 18
- Creating Safe Spaces Waffle Breakfast, Sutton Place Hotel on November 19 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Blue Friday on November 21. Wear blue to promote peace and safety.
- Gay Straight Alliance Conference, University of Alberta on November 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Safe and Caring Schools Forum, Barnett House on November 24 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Safe and Caring Schools & Communities events
- Creating Safe Spaces Waffle Breakfast, Bow Habitat Station & Volunteer Society on November 19 from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Play an interactive, online game teaching kids how to protect themselves and others from bullying.
B-free.ca is a website developed by youth for youth with strategies and information on bullying.
Bully Free Alberta was created to help adults learn positive strategies on bullying prevention and intervention in children and youth.
Bullying Prevention Tools
Order resources free of charge.