Promoting Healthy Relationships and Preventing Bullying
Minister Klimchuk released a strategy on behalf of the Government of Alberta focused on promoting healthy relationships throughout the lifespan.
Help Create a Bully-Free Alberta
Call the Bullying Prevention Helpline. It’s available toll-free 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1‑888‑456‑2323. Help is provided in more than 170 languages.
Chat online with staff from noon to 8:00 p.m., daily.
- Pink Shirt Day (February 25, 2015)
- Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 9-15, 2015)
- Safer Internet Day (February 10, 2015)
- National Bullying Awareness Week (November 15-21, 2015)
- Watch the archived 2014 Promoting Healthy Relationships Webcast. Explore differences between bullying behaviour and respectful relationships, and get advice to help those affected by bullying.
- For children – Play an interactive, online game teaching kids how to protect themselves and others from bullying.
- For youth – B-free.ca is a website developed by youth for youth with strategies and information on bullying.
- For adults – Bully Free Alberta was created to help adults learn positive strategies on bullying prevention and intervention in children and youth.
Bullying Prevention Tools
Order resources free of charge.
Call the Bullying Prevention Helpline
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Help is provided in more than 170 languages.