Start Here: A Parents Guide to PDD supports and Services
This Guide has been developed to provide parents and families with information about PDD supports and funding available in Central Alberta.
The Start Here:Guide (updated in October 2008 ) outlines several key topics such as eligibility, types of services, options for funding, monitoring of services, transitions, dispute resolution, and contact information for a network of families who can provide mentoring and support.
The entire guide can be downloaded from this link:
Individual chapters from the overall guide can be accessed below:
- Who is the Guide For?
- What is PDD?
- How do I get started in Obtaining Services?
- Am I eligible?
- What types of services are available?
- Who can provide me with PDD funded supports and services?
- What are the options for how I get funding?
- Are other supports available?
- Who monitors services and how do they do it?
- What if services need to be changed?
- What if I am not happy with a decision?
- What is the PDD Central Region Community Board?
- Glossary of Terms
- Resources and Links