Employment, Training and Career Services Directory
The Employment, Training and Career Services Directory, prepared quarterly, provides an overview of programs and services available in the Calgary Region. The programs and services listed can help Calgarians with:
- Making career, employment and training decisions
- Obtaining assistance in addressing their basic needs
- Understanding the breadth of supports available in Calgary
Some of the programs and services listed receive funding through the department – others do not.
This document can be viewed or printed in its entirety or by each one of the groupings identified below.
For additional information, please contact the organization directly or speak with someone from the department.
Should your organization wish to make updates, contributions or additions to this document, please contact Pam Frey.
April to June 2014
- Academic Upgrading
- Career and Employment Services (including Job Placement Programs)
- Computer Access
- Computer Skills Training
- Counselling and Support Services
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs
- Immigrant Bridging
- Immigrant Training and Employment Programs and Services
- Occupational Skills Training
- Persons With Disabilities
- Pre-Employment Programs
- Self-Employment Programs
- Specialized Assessment (Resource List)
- Temporary Employment Opportunities
- Workplace Training
- Youth Programs